Re: New bodhi release in production

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 07:56 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 08/13/2010 07:11 AM, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > Let's try that again.  Fedora has no obligation to you; nothing entitles
> > you (or anyone for that matter) to push updates or even to post to this
> > list.
> ... and people are free to have their own opinions about Fedora and the
> people involved into its leadership.

Indeed.

> If you want me to put it into a popular slogan which had been applied
> wrt. other governments: It's time for a change!

Under the social contract, governments have an obligation to their
people.  The same does not apply to Fedora.  The best option for people
who do not see their concerns heeded is probably to fork.

> >  It is the prerogative of the board or others acting on their
> > behalf to set the direction of the project and block you from
> > participating in ways they believe are harmful.  Period.
> ... and it's everybody's right to disagree with them and to pronounce
> their disagreement.

Yes.  And it's Fedora's right not to allow such pronouncements to be
posted to the Fedora mailing lists.  I believe the Fedora leadership
recognizes the value of entertaining certain forms of dissent, and I
believe many in the commmunity would agree that the repetitive,
combative posts we have seen in the past few months are not one of them.

--
Matt