Re: [HEADS-UP] The systemd unit files I'll post

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 04:18:06PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> To be frank I believe that a big number of the /etc/sysconfig options
> are simply redundant and should go away. For example, I see little
> reason why the admin should be able to configure the user id to drop
> priviliges to for ntpd. There's no reason for that. I'd simply include
> the "-u ntp:ntp" in the command line of ntpd.service and be done with
> it.

The -u option isn't the only one supported by ntpd, there are others
and some are used quite commonly. Having them all specified in one
configuration file is nice, so you don't need to check other places to
find out which are used implicitly and how to disable them.

--
Miroslav Lichvar