Re: gcc-4.5-RH in F14

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 22:36 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 06:32:37PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > I think it probably doesn't 'work', in the sense that you can't install
> > the f13 -devel i686 and x86-64 packages together, but in another sense
> > that's fine, as I don't think our multilib policy says you _will_ be
> > able to install -devel packages together and it's not a huge tragedy if
> > you can't. So that would certainly be an improvement. Just being able to
> > install the main lib package is the most important thing.
> >
> I remember a big push to make multilib -devel work many many Fedora releases
> ago.  Possibly pre-Core Extras merge.
>
> If those files are exactly the same in both the x86 and x86_64 package they
> should be okay under multilib.  If they aren't exactly the same they should
> go in a path that either has the arch in the pathname or the bitedness
> (lib64 vs lib)

that's interesting. I'm not being theoretical here, the problem actually
stops me updating this system from f13 to rawhide. So obviously there is
some difference in the files, but I wouldn't usually expect that for
bits of python. Particularly an init.py file - they usually contain
almost nothing...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey