Re: How to lure me to updates-testing

On 2010/07/01 10:46 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 16:44 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> Nathanael Noblet wrote:
>>> I presume a fedora account with certs are required for this?
>>
>> Yes, but for your karma to have any merit, you need a Fedora account.
>> Non-Fedora account karma does not count.
>>
>> I agree a GUI would be nice for all of this, and I would be willing to
>> create one, but time has been an issue lately.
>
> If we're in pony mode, sure, this is a pony I would also like to see. :)
> Although I think perhaps it would be best to integrate the functions
> into PackageKit (perhaps as an optional extension package) than to write
> an entirely new tool.
FWIW I wanted to mention that I think this is an excellent idea. I read
FedoraForum often (as does Adam) and it's not uncommon to see rant threads
posted by users who need to vent because not only are they frustrated that
software XYZ isn't working properly, but the path to resolving the problem
is unclear. These users have valuable feedback but don't know how to tell it
to the packagers & developers, or perhaps don't realize that they can at
all... From what I can tell, this situation is what seems to be causing a
great deal of frustration to many users.

Getting users involved in the QA process by giving them the tools they need
to provide feedback in an easy, simple manner will benefit users and developers.

I understand that we're still at the planning stage, but I would be happy to
write some documentation on the forum and post it as a sticky once the tools
are user-ready.

Stewart