Re: concept of package "ownership"

Dave Airlie wrote:
> So I've noticed maintainers of packages in Fedora seem to have a concept
> of ownership, and I'm wondering if we could remove that word from usage
> about maintainership.

+1

IMHO any sponsored packager should be free to do changes which benefit the
Fedora Project to any package, no matter who officially maintains the
package. And such changes include things like upgrading the package to the
current upstream release in Rawhide, especially when that release is needed
for other packages. Even a provenpackager can't always make such changes
without getting yelled at.

I think we need to get rid of the concept of ownership entirely, that'd also
make orphaned or de-facto orphaned packages less of a problem. You see a
problem, you fix it. Who cares whether the package has an active maintainer
or not?

        Kevin Kofler