Re: QA's Package update policy proposal

Hello James,

> On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 13:41 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>
>> > If you - and the QA team - want to expand your testing activities, focus
>> > on the CRITPATH packages first. Do a good job there. Nobody from QA has
>> > ever given feedback to any of my updates, and it won't happen in the
>> > future either.
>>

>> I would not be opposed to the above.
>> Make the system work on critpath then mandate it from everyone else.

> That's a sensible approach, I don't see any harm in using critpath as
> the proving ground.

> Thanks,
> James

I  think  rather  that  if  it  is  not important enough to start with
critpath, one would wonder how critcal the packages in critpath really
are  to  Fedora.

The  second  thing  that I noticed was that common servers and clients
(such  as  mock,  ssl,  dns, ftp, samba, nfs, http were not considered
critical. Why not? Perhaps Fedora needs more layers of critical-ness -
critical, high impact, low impact?

Al