Re: Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Chris Adams wrote:

> Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>> It's actually almost no extra work to build the updates also for the
>> previous stable release. We have to build them for the current stable
>> anyway. It just means doing the usual routine (copying the specfile,
>> committing and running make tag and make build BUILD_FLAGS=--nowait)
>> twice instead of once (and even the commit can be done for both at once
>> by committing in the parent directory), which takes only a few seconds
>> extra, the builds run in parallel.
>
> Builds are easy.  Do you not do any testing?

We do (actually, kde-redhat and updates-testing testers do most of it, but
several KDE SIG packagers also run the testing stuff themselves), but most
of it is on the latest stable release, it's not like the exact same KDE will
be completely different on the previous stable release to the extent of
requiring completely separate testing. There was one positive report (+1
karma, everything worked for the user) for F11 in Bodhi (and no reports of
breakage), and IIRC there were other F11 users who reported it working on
IRC, that's more than enough. AFAIK, none of the issues found are specific
to F11.

        Kevin Kofler