Re: Worthless updates

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> When there's no policy, and the user has to guess whether or not they
> need to do this for every package on their system, however, you have
> a mess.

The idea is that our updates, even version upgrades, Just Work. We don't and
shouldn't push stuff which is known to regress things, e.g. KOffice 2 is not
a suitable update for a release which shipped with KOffice 1 (and indeed KDE
SIG is not pushing that one, we are not the insane mindless "push
everything" drones people are portraying us as!).

        Kevin Kofler