Re: FESCo wants a more sane updates policy (feedback requested)

Thankyou for starting all this hard work with the certainty that it *will* be blamed by some people.

As an end User I extremely like that Fedora does not ban newer packages from Stable releases.

At the same time I can see how direct pushes can sometimes create unforseen bugs.

I however do not see both scenarios as mutually exclusive - even a tool issue may fix things - have an option to set have a default push to stable (offset) date and then packagers can fire away their packages, do their testing and forget about taking any other actions unless there is a need to fix some more bugs (or a security issue to force the date closer).

Good luck.