Re: How about firefox 3.6 in Fedora 12 ?

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Wes Shull wrote:

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Liu Yu Fei Eric <hoveringnowings@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
      So it doesn't have an official one?

I've been running the f13 build out of rawhide for a week now, and it's
worked fine for me...  not sure about Java though.

yum --enablerepo=rawhide update firefox

It looks like some upstream support in OpenJDK + IcedTea
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-January/008120.html
went live 3 days ago, but it doesn't look like there have been any Fedora builds based on it yet.

I would suggest a slight word of caution about mixing Fedora 12 and rawhide packages. At the moment they still seem fairly compatible, but if something major changes you might find yourself having to update most of your OS to rawhide to satisfy all the dependencies.

	Michael Young