Re: best practice for packing programs that use strlcpy()?

I guess I should have known that this would open a can of worms.

I'm NOT trying to advocate that anyone write new software using
strlcpy() etc.  I'm NOT trying to claim that these functions are "safe"
or better than the alternatives.  I'm only trying to support the porting
of existing BSD packages to Fedora.

Some people seem to think that the way to do that is to rewrite/patch
the packages to not use strlcpy().  My opinion is that doing that will
make the software less reliable, not because strlcpy() is inherently
reliable, but because replacing each instance of it with new
hand-written replacement code is likely to introduce new bugs, make it
more difficult to accept updates from upstream, and cause more long-term
package maintenance problems for Fedora.  Having a single, maintained
library providing this and a few other BSD-specific functions is not a
perfect solution, but there is no perfect solution.

I could still use a package reviewer if anyone is willing to do that.

Thanks!
Eric