Re: Purging the F13 orphans

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 03:04:20PM -0600, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:

> >> jna-posix has been retired rather than simply orphaned.  Walters, was there
> >> a reason for that or is it simply that the package has sat around for long
> >> enough that it needs a re-review?
> >>

> > To be honest it's been long enough I don't recall; is there no way to
> > find out why a package was retired?
> >
> It should be in dead.package in the devel branch, if it was retired
> properly.

No dead.package file.  I do see that the last time the spec was updated
minus mass rebuilds was 2008.  So it does need a re-review before being
unorphaned.  That's a reason for it to be retired atm.

So to unretire:
Check out the package using:
cvs co -d :ext:USERNAME@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/cvs/pkgs jna-posix
cd jna-posix/devel
Update the spec file to make sure it meets current packaging guidelines.
Submit for a review following:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

When done, open a cvsadmin request (and mention that it's a review
of a retired package).  Then you'll be assigned as owner.

-Toshio