Re: Desktop categories

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Alain Portal <alain.portal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I show you in my previous message with the "cat" command, these
> (sub)categories exits in each desktop file in F-12, but there isn't subsequent
> submenu, as there are in FC-6

Alain, please, as I already told you, try adding games-menus and
multimedia-menus. You will get submenus for the Audio & Video menu and
the Games menu. This could be done for other menus as well. Please
look in Fedora CVS to see how this is done and feel free to submit
packages for the Utility menu and so on.

You still wonder why this isn't done by default. My understanding is
that not a lot of people will require submenus. I agree with this. For
example I maybe a die-hard gamer so I really like to get submenus for
the Game menu because I have more that 40 games installed but I
wouldn't be interested in having submenus in Audio & Video because I
only use just a few applications.

Regards,

Andrea.