Re: abrt and bugzilla

On 11/21/2009 10:28 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
On Saturday 21 November 2009 05:54:56 Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 00:42 +0000, Colin Walters wrote:
Look at it this way - it's more information than you had before, not
less.  And I personally have often been able to find a problem with no
more than a traceback (especially given -debuginfo being installed, or
an enthusiast/developer running code from revision control and thus
having un-stripped binaries).

Which brings up another thing, all the ones I'm getting are without
debuginfo installed, which is rather gruesome. Can we get info sharedlib
called in the gdb batch (https://fedorahosted.org/abrt/ticket/90)

I have had problems with using abrt to report a problem because the backtrace
does not include symbolics ... that is, debuginfo was not downloaded and
installed.

At least once during the F12 development cycle I used abrt to report a problem
and it downloaded and installed the needed debuginfo packages.

Is abrt suppose to download and install debuginfo packages?  Is this an option
and if it is how is it enabled?  Is there an abrt bug right now preventing
debuginfo processing?

Gene

Yes, ABRT is supposed to download and use the debuginfo (it doesn't install it actually, but that's another thing), but there are many potential problems that may prevent ABRT from finding/donwloading the proper debuginfo (most common is that yum --provides doesn;t work for some files :() You can always use debuginfo-install and then recreate the backtrace in ABRT.

Jirka
begin:vcard
fn:Jiri Moskovcak
n:Moskovcak;Jiri