Re: Improve the way rpm decides what is newer

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 08:16 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> it has the problem that we'd have to do something horrible one time to
> switch to that system, of course, but that seems the 'cleanest' way to
> do it. I'm still not sure it's necessary. I think as Jesse does - any
> time this is broken indicates maintainer error, our work should focus on
> helping maintainers not make errors.

Right, even if you do this horrible hack one day, the very next day we
could have somebody submitting an update for f12 that is a major version
newer than what gets put out on f13 and now you've got an "upgrade" in
the form of a downgrade.  Hope you didn't want to keep that data!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!