Re: Thunderbird vs Evolution

Havoc Pennington wrote:
On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 14:53, Michael Favia wrote:

While i agree with your statement i guess the question is left as to how DO we decide which apps should be selected? i think it is wasteful to install competing applications by default but instead i think we should reward theprojects with the best vision for the future and existing feature set. Is there another way i am missing to select one? Alternatively i could draft up a random number generator and we could ask everyone to pick a number between 1 and 1 million :).

I posted some thoughts on this a while back,
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/desktop/defaults.html

Somewhat desktop-centric.

Havoc

I haven't personally used Evolution for any considerable time since the first time that I used it with Ximian. What features it has were more like an improvement of Outlook Express (also I tested this out when it was beta)

Thunderbird has the multithreading feature that I like. It has a more appealing feature list and seems to be a great mail program.

Mozilla is nice for me because it has mail, html editor and browser that are developed as sort of a suite of programs. With firefox and Thunderbird being seperated and no html editor for GNOME (that I know of), mozilla seems like the ideal default.

Jim

--
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.