Re: yum-presto not on by default

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

I suspect there are detailed studies on this done by usability
researchers, somewhere out there. of course, there are tensions; it's
hard (well, impossible) to design a complex interface with defaults that
are correct for all uses by all users. but you have to take into account
the tendency for people not to discover useful but non-necessary
enhancements that are not enabled by default, when you're deciding on
your defaults, and try to accommodate it where this doesn't lead to
egregious horribleness.

And the 'egregious' is the part I have a problem with.

Worst case scenario - someone doesn't like updating as much.

That's the WORST case.

hardly egregious.

-sv