Re: conflict between libotf and openmpi

Neal Becker wrote:
It seems both openmpi and libotf supply a %{_bindir}/otfdump. otf is either:

OpenTypeFont (libotf)
or
OpenTraceFormat (openmpi)

I maintain libotf.  I'm not sure how to address this.

My only interest in libotf is so emacs can use it. For that, it doesn't need the binaries. Perhaps they could be put somewhere else?

I don't know how important otfdump is to openmpi, since I don't use it. My guess is that in both libotf and openmpi, neither is critical to function, but is a debug aid.

Are they the same? If so, my gut would be to use the one in libotf, if it's complete, maybe in a subpackage, and have openmpi remove it's own and Require it, sort of the way we handle bundled libraries.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love