Re: KDE vs. GNOME on F10

On 08/05/2009 03:41 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
The missing bit of the argument from before is whether we actually want
to care about people who only want 'stable' updates, and that tracks
back to the question of what Fedora actually is, which I don't believe
the Board has settled yet. If we don't care about providing a stable
update set, then implementing this system would be unnecessary work, and
it's fine to continue simply to have a single repo and allow adventurous
updates to be sent there.

See, this is different. If you're waiting for the board to define "what Fedora actually is", you're going to die waiting. I'm of the opinion that such a question is too broad and vague.

Now, if you wanted to know how the board feels about providing "a stable updates set", and you can elaborate on what that means and how it works, with less handwaving and miracles, I think we could give a more productive and useful answer. *

~spot, Fedora Board member, speaking for himself only

* Although, strictly speaking, that sort of thing is in FESCo's domain.