Re: http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono

(Since I see some people here doing it... *cough*Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies.*cough* Thank you.)

Simo Sorce wrote:
People, why don't you all stop playing lawyer and wait that some lawyer
actually comment on the promise?

I guess some organization like the SFLC might be willing to comment if
there is enough demand (and maybe they are already working on that).

Um... really? You mean they haven't, already?

GIYF:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=sflc+microsoft+patent+promise

(Granted, much of that is about OOXML, but it seems to be referring to the same OSP, and even so, given the opinion on how poorly OOXML is covered, I doubt M$ would do anything to make the Mono/C#/CLI situation appreciably better.)

Oh, and drago01:
I doubt that any lawyer would interprets it the way [Riu does].

I don't about exact agreement with Riu's specific arguments, but they sure don't seem to share /your/ comfort level.

Next time, either check that 5 seconds of googling doesn't make you look like you don't know what you are talking about, or else point out why said googling does not invalidate your point :-).

--
Matthew
You're on your own for the pony. -- Richard Hughes, on feature requests