Re: an update to automake-1.11?

Kevin Kofler writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Sure, why not. It just so happens that, not too long ago, I was in an
analogous position where I had some other package that also built against
zlib, for $dayjob$. At $dayjob$ we also package free software using a
scripted reproducible build. Not RPMs, but an analogous process, and at
$dayjob$, for reasons that are irrelevant, zlib was installed into a
nonstandard location.

In CMake, in such a case, you just have to use:
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="<path>"
It can also be exported as an environment variable. Either way, no changes to the scripts needed at all.

That's great, and if this discussion was about cmake, then this would be a valid point. But, this thread is not about cmake.