Re: Raising the bar

On Jun 29, 2009, at 16:43, William Jon McCann <william.jon.mccann@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Peter Lemenkov<lemenkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/6/30 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx>:

I repeat - this initiative should be based only (exclusively) on
current releases.

What a load of crap! I use rawhide as do hundreds of other testers.

You contradicting to yourself - if you have many (enough to say that
their number is huge) crash test dummies with Rawhide enabled, when
you don't need any other special initiatives. However, I still think
that you need more *users*, average users. I repeat - users don't use
Rawhide, and this initiative will be doomed.

I think your initial point was a reasonable one.  However, I don't
think there's really any need to pick a fight here.  Allow some time
for people to respond to your points.  And perhaps "doomed" was a bit
overly dramatic, no?

Another part of raising the bar is making this list a bit more user
friendly.  :)

Thanks Jon for making that point. This list has been far too unfriendly. We haven't needed to give anybody a timeout yet which means we're bein slightly more civil however we still are being full of the dramatics and over reactions. Peter does have good input bu it could have been presented in a more constructive way. I thank those that replied to the input and avoided being sucked into the dramatics.

--
Jes