Re: FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Adam Miller wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
I too would like to see KDE treated as a first-class citizen, rather than
blindly pushing Gnome to the ignorant masses.

The problem with this is that you are now pushing two things blindly
at ignorant masses, so not only do they have no clue what their doing
because its a different operating system from what they are
(generally) used to but there are two "default" interfaces to it. How
does this make sense?

...more so than the choice they already face between Fedora, Ubuntu, Mandrake, Mint, <insert favorite distro>? (Yes, I know, bring on the old 'straw, camel' story...)

Also, I want to pick at your use of "blindly"; who says it has to be blind? Why not work to educate users about the difference? A "Take a Tour" would probably be good publicity anyway. (You know, take the edge off that "no clue what they're doing" thing...)

--
Matthew
> pinotree uses the large trout on tsdgeos and PutHuhn :)
> PutHuhn runs
> tsdgeos lights a fire and eats the trout
(with apologies to Pino Toscano, PutHuhn and Albert Astals Cid, who came up with this entirely on their own)