Re: GDM Language list...

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Mathieu Bridon
(bochecha)<bochecha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. user chooses a language in GDM for the first time
> 2. PK tries to install the <language>-support group

We need to come up with a system that isn't based on Fedora, as ubuntu
might call this something different. In fedora we might install a
group, in ubuntu they might install a metapackage. We can't have
fedora'isms in upstream PackageKit.

> 3. if this group exist and some packages could be installed (i.e. not
> already installed), the user is presented a nice PK popup, just like
> the font or codec install suggestion, but for the support of his
> language

Seems a sane idea, it just needs someone to implement it in gnome-packagekit.

Richard.