Re: Proposal (and yes, I'm willing to do stuff!): Must Use More Macros

Casey Dahlin wrote:
Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
I don't know how hard it would be to fix rpm to allow for that though.
Just off the top of my head, this doesn't feel like something rpm should
be in charge of. To me it seems more likely that we need something in a
base/core rpm that installs an inotify script for system dirs that does
what it should when something is dropped into it...?

Ugh, no. We don't need another running service to do this. Just have rpm do it as part of its post install and you don't need to involve inotify; it knows a file showed up because it put it there a few milliseconds ago.
Inotify isn't a service/daemon, and its running already afaik??

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
T: 403.875.4613