Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Colin Walters wrote:

Actually let's be practical here and admit Freeciv is a pretty special
case.  The main thing we want to squash is things like flags in input
method selection which is very prominent in the UI, and flags in
bittorrent clients whose removal doesn't at all substantially affect
the operation of the software.

It's also completely possible that freeciv may not be a package we can ship.

If someone packaged a "free taiwan" game where you protested the PRC and wheeled and dealed to get various world gov'ts to officially recognize taiwan (an amusing game premise, actually) I think we'd probably have to not ship it. Just as if someone packaged a game adaptation of "springtime for hitler and germany." (from the producers musical/movie for anyone who doesn't get the reference) we'd probably not ship it.

-sv