Re: Abandon "Default Desktop"

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Abandon "Default Desktop"
From: Julian Aloofi <julian.fedoralists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/27/2009 12:22 PM

Am Montag, den 27.04.2009, 18:45 +0200 schrieb Roberto Ragusa:

And what about a "no desktop" option too?

Wondeful! Everytime I install Fedora from the DVD and uncheck GNOME, all
applications and even the system-config tools, for some reason big parts
of GNOME get pulled in as dependencies (I think that even applies if I
uncheck everything except of "Base System" and "Hardware drivers").
This choice would be extremely useful if you wanted to install Fedora
without X(it may not be used for server installs, but some crappy old
laptops run better without X) and without building your own spin with
Revisor.

What you want is already an F11 feature -- Minimal Platform.

There was a Test Day[1] for it just a few days ago. You should provide feedback.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-04-21_Minimal_Platform