Abandon "Default Desktop"

In the resent discussion regarding "audio" and to further enhance the project and to allow all desktop environment projects to play on a fair ground regardless if they are old grown and known projects or new and emerging one and thus being able to compete on a fair ground amongst them self's in the form of live spins and to prevent any misunderstanding that an issue regarding one desktop environments might be present and or affect all of them and thus
have negative impact on all the desktop environments we currently ship.

I propose that we stop referring to and ship a "Default desktop" but instead will start
referring to their project name instead.

AFAIK what would be required to accomplish this is change all documentation and filenames to refer to Gnome desktop instead of Default desktop, Fedora desktop or just Desktop and make minor changes to Anaconda.

We probably would want to create a new Wiki page that would have a brief description and a download link to their live spin.

The desktop environments spins along with all other spins should be under the projects total control unless they're content violates Fedoraproject in any way or form.

This requires the Fedora Board and or FESCO to neither enhance or hinder a projects growth/content/decision on the projects corresponding spin.

I hope the community can keep this discussion strictly on the professional notes and finally will reach consciousness regarding my proposal.

Best regards

           JBG

begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801