Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

On 04/16/2009 08:41 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 20:29 +0200, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
OK, so we should just sit here doing nothing when we see a change that *we* consider bad? Nah, better to speak up, I think.

No, I think after the twenty-three thousandth thread on the fiftieth
different mailing list rehearses the same three arguments *again*,
people should cut their damn losses and do something productive instead.

Perhaps it is time listen to those "twenty-three thousandth thread on the fiftieth different mailing list". People whine for a reason, not just for the fun of it.

You have the notion that this does not matter, but I, and apparently quite a few others, think it does.

I have the notion that it doesn't matter anywhere near enough to be
worth this amount of grief. As I said: grow a sense of proportion.

Speaking for myself, this keystroke is one of the things in the Linux world I really like. A very easy way to fix a problem that sadly still happens way to often, a stuck X-session. Simple and elegant. So for *me* it matters, and apparently so also for a bunch of others.

Proportions? Well, look at all those threads you mentioned, and you see the proportions...

/Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/