Re: dontzap - a application to revert dontzap setting

On 04/07/2009 01:18 PM, psmith wrote:
David wrote:
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "DontZap" "false"
EndSection

and since were supposed to be moving away from using an xorg.conf all of
us who want to be able to restart x (and believe me as good as those
xorg devs think their code is it still happens quite regularly) without
having to go to a virtual terminal etc have to regress to using one to
keep people who want to make linux like windows or those emacs users who
don't type to well happy.

So, an alternate suggestion is just don't upgrade to F11. I do not recommend that personally, but the new behavior is only in F11+ so if you don't upgrade, Ctrl+Alt+Backspace will continue to work.

Or, if you decide to upgrade, just use a kickstart file when you do. You've established you're going to be using anaconda to upgrade since in order to do a yum upgrade, you'd have to edit a few .repo files, and you've made it clear that you won't be editing files.

I already posted earlier in this thread[1] what the kickstart file has to look like. It's now also on fpaste[2]. Simply point anaconda to it by appending ks=[2] to the boot line, and then you will have an xorg.conf containing the needed lines to maintain Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

No vts required.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-March/msg02161.html
[2] http://fpaste.org/paste/8338/plain