Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

On 03/28/2009 01:24 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
On 03/27/2009 10:08 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Christopher Stone wrote:
<snip<
I hope, we continue to leave such decisions to the maintainers of the
software rather than micro manage them with a committee. FESCo should
not be (usually) be overriding maintainer decisions.

Rahul

Maintainers should also (usually) be listening to the community.

Community is not a single entity. It is a very diverse set of
independent people with sometimes very strong opinions on both sides.

Rahul

And the many strong opinions need to be heard by the maintainers. If there is a strong opinion, as this diverse thread has shown, then that is a strong indication that a decision should be revisited and if no change is made, then say why with the facts and data to support it. I haven't seen a real strong indication in this thread why the default behavior should be as it is, only why it shouldn't be, tho it does seem to be a simple matter to turn on c-a-bs. The question revolves around defaults and which it should be.