Re: FESCo Meeting Summary - 2009-03-06

2009/3/7 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 02:59:33PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> David Nielsen (gnomeuser@xxxxxxxxx) said:
> > I did not see this one the action list for this meeting, nor was I even
> > invited to argue the case for this.
>
> The feature wrangler requested that FESCo issue a decision on it.

It's not the first time it has happened that some feature has been
dropped without the owner being told that a decision was going to be
made.  I think this should, as common courtesy, go back before FESCo
next week.

Most packagers are volunteers (even the ones who work at Red Hat).

I believe that would be the right approach, however it would not make a difference in this case and would only serve to waste precious time. I have retracted my proprosal from consideration, I think I will do what Jesse proposed and draw my own conclusions. FESco made a decision, I will abide it.