Re: autoconf and epel-5

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
Adam Williamson wrote:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/AutoConf

"Autotools-generated source packages are intended to be buildable
without requiring the autotools on the host system. autoconf, automake,
libtoolize and the accompanying autoreconf shouldn't be used in the %
prep or %build sections of a package's spec file. Applying a patch to
update the configure scripts and Makefile.ins is preferred as the
results are predictable and packages are more reproducible."

If this is not in fact the agreed policy, I'd expect the agreed policy
to show up more prominently in a Wiki search for 'autoconf'. :)

There's no agreed policy.
Well, there's a lot of clueless people.

 People argue both sides of the problem.
RTFM.

FWIW, I'll vote against that draft if it gets to the FPC.
Feel free to do so, but ... are you sure you understand what you are doing? I feel no.