Re: config.guess manufacturer string?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Jon Masters wrote:

Folks,

Can someone let me know what the outcome of this is with regard to
redhat-rpm-config? I'm cool with making changes to the default
config.guess if they're deemed necessary to bring back "redhat" for the
time being.

I think patching config.guess has been ruled out by everybody, and that %configure needs to stop setting --target and --host. But whether %configure should set --build to <arch>-redhat-linux or just let config.guess decide... at least Jakub seemed to want to stick with <arch>-redhat-linux instead of pc|unknown|whatever.

Panu? What do you want to do?

I just want a simple answer just like you :)

And BTW, yes - we need to take some time to figure what should be in rpm vs redhat-rpm-config one of these days.

	- Panu -