Re: cron.hourly/daily/weekly/etc. in rawhide

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 10:00 +0100, Marcela Maslanova wrote:

The cron daemon is running every hour anacron, which checks whether run cron.{daily,weekly,...} now or not. The setting is stored in /etc/anacrontab where is also possible create random delay. The jobs should be executed as before for usual user on desktop.

I know on servers people often don't use anacron at all because they want to run daily jobs in some time range. This could be now also set in anacrontab. This is discussed here #481775.

Ok, I knew and understood anacron is for running cron jobs that missed
their scheduling for various reasons?  I only asked about anacrontab
because that is the only setting config file I could find that was close
enough to configuring crontab.

Soooo, I guess what I am trying to ask, is if I want my cron.daily to
run at 3:25 every morning, what/where is the file that I set that for?
Because currently my cron.daily (after a fresh install from few days
ago) runs at 4:xxam and I don't know what is making it run at that time
very morning like it used to be.

If you have START_HOURS_RANGE=3-22 and you are running your computer 24/7 then you should change line with cron.daily in this way:
1   25   cron.daily      nice run-parts /etc/cron.daily
Also you need comment out RANDOM_DELAY in anacrontab.

--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno