Re: BTRFS 0.17 in rawhide (at some point)

Kevin Kofler wrote:
One question I couldn't find a definite answer to: Does btrfs-convert also
work on ext4? In other words: Can we upgrade from ext3 to ext4 and then
from ext4 to btrfs? Or are we painting ourselves in a corner by using ext4?

I asked this question to Eric Sandeen earlier on IRC and Chris Mason has confirmed that it should work. Someone probably needs to test that however.

Besides, Btrfs is probably going to take a couple more releases before it gets to the stage where we can trust it enough to use it as default and Ext4 provides us good advantages meanwhile.

Rahul