Re: [Fedora-spins] Spins SIG Meeting(s) / Agenda!

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 08:56:58 -0500,
  Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That one came from me.  Having spins fail to compose during the week
that rel-eng is trying to get a milestone (Alpha, Beta, Preview) out the
door is simply an easy way to drop the Spin entirely.

Note that the spin maintainer can't directly fix this in some cases.
I still have open bugzillas and several packages that don't install
cleanly because of missing requires. I can't fix them myself. I can't prevent
someone from introducing dependency issues (as happened briefly for the
poker2d update) at the wrong time. All I can do is file bugs and in extreme
cases as for help on the devel list for another maintainer to help out.

In the new spins process, we take those "dependencies" as we call them into account -somewhat;

you can list whatever dependencies you have in a separate sort-of topic on a Spins page similar to a Feature page, which is then used similar to how a Feature page is then used;

whether it be packages that still need to be reviewed, general bugs, features that need to be completed, you name it. Anything that stops the spin from being all fine can go there so that everyone knows.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip