Re: Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
What's wrong with overlap?

Can't drag&drop (easily).

I usually use the right-mouse context menus to cut/copy and paste so it doesn't have to be a continuous motion to the destination and I can bring a new target to the front if needed. I don't have to remember the modifier to distinguish between copy/move (or whether it is the same across all platforms) and it is less susceptible to wiggles that accidentally land in the wrong place.

Don't think I'd like that either.  I often leave the target window
positioned one level above the actual target directories so I can drop
or paste into any of the visible folders.

The target is editable in a text box (using the default is as easy as
pushing ENTER or clicking OK, but you can add some subfolder, or you can
delete the path entirely and enter some relative path, which will then be
relative to the source directory, not the target directory).

Still sounds worse than being able to position over any visible folder or the desktop with the right-mouse/paste.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx