FAmSCo elections only open to ambassadors?

Hi All,

Today I went to do my duty and vote, and much to my surprise I could not vote for the FAmSCo election. Now that is probably something which has been discussed before and I just missed, but still let me express my surprise about this.

How is it that anyone which is member of any group in Fedora including translators and ambassadors get to vote for FesCo, which is effectively the developers steering committee now a days. Yet only ambassadors get to vote who gets on FAmSCo ??

Don't get me wrong I think that people who contribute to Fedora by doing marketing in the broadest sense of the word, or by doing translations, as such have earned every right to influence future development of Fedora. But how is it that the people who are building the distro, do not get to influence how the distro is represented to the world by our Ambassadors?

Regards,

Hans