Re: Feature proposal: New, Standard Documentation System

Michael Cronenworth a écrit :
<cut>
5. Global access
You should be able to access any and all documentation for all software through a single window, be it X or console, without having to open the corresponding program.

6. a common way to find documentation about a given package. Here is what I do when I need to read docs on a given package.

1. rpm -ql pgkname
if there is a man page and/or README and/or .html and/or ... - done!
2. yum list pkgname\*
if there is sub-package named pkgname-doc - done!
3. rpm -qi pgkname
if the URL tag point to upstream web site - open firefox find the documentation page - done! 4. fedora-cvs pkgname - hoping that I know the language used and that the code is nicely documented ;-) - done!
5. ??

I thing that we can do something to optimize the search of documentation of a given package. To be honest I don't have any idea on the best way to do that - but I'm sure that we can do something better.

Just my two cent.

Regards,
Alphonse