Magicdev doesn't automount the CD drive

I can only mount the CD drive manually or by clicking on "CD-ROM" in "Computer". When I insert the disc into the drive it doesn't mount or put the CD icon on the desktop even though I have "Mount discs when inserted" checked.

Here is my fstab entry for my cdrom
/dev/cdrom     /mnt/cdrom        udf,iso9660 user,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

It's an IDE cdrom on /dev/hdc, this is a Dell laptop so it's removable, though it's obviously not removed :) Double clicking on the CD-ROM mounts the drive fine and I have no trouble unmounting it as a normal user. It's just not getting mounted when the disc is inserted. I have connected my USB camera and it mounted fine and placed an icon on the desktop. I even tried gnome-volume-manager and it won't mount it until I click on it.

Pyroman[FO]