Re: Thoughts on shell redesign

I'm not saying it's the best idea ever, perhaps there's a better word to use. But Start instead of Activities would improve the purpose of the button, I believe, at the expense of some "MS copycat" remarks.

I personally would avoid the "Start" button to be called "Start" because I do not believe that "Start" really covers what can be done after pressing it, so I would rather call it "Actions". However, I am also supportive of a symbolic button, because the word "Start" has disappeared from Windows, too, if I remember correctly. So, although copying from them does not bother me much (even if it bothers me "a bit"), naming it "Start" would not only look like copying from them, but also being out-dated.

Lukáš Růžička

FEDORA QE, RHCE

Red Hat

Purkyňova 115