Re: Release criteria proposal: networking requirements

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 6:11 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ==== Basic networking ====
>
> It must be possible to establish both IPv4 and IPv6 network connections
> using DHCP and static addressing. The default network configuration
> tools for the console and for release-blocking desktops must work well
> enough to allow typical network connection configuration operations
> without major workarounds. Standard network functions such as address
> resolution and connections with common protocols such as ping, HTTP and
> ssh must work as expected.

What about mDNS?

Something to the effect that if it's installed and enabled by a
default package set for an edition, it should work (resolve and
respond). That means it would apply to Workstation and KDE. It
wouldn't apply to Cloud, or Server. I'm not sure if IoT enables it.

--
Chris Murphy