F33 and GNOME megaupdate planning

Hi all,

Fedora 33 went into Beta freeze yesterday so we need to do a bit of planning how we handle GNOME megaupdates during that time. This is how my plan looks like:

GNOME 3.37.91 was released during this weekend. I was keeping an eye on the modules and built everything as they were released upstream, so we went into the Beta freeze fully up to date (with the exception of gnome-terminal and vte291 which are still at 3.36.x versions and need maintainer attention due to a large number of downstream patches).

The next GNOME release is .92 in two weeks. At that point, we are deep into the Beta freeze in Fedora land and don't have much schedule room left. I think it's best to not ask for a freeze break to land .92 at that point.

After that comes the .0 release just one week after .92.

My plan is to collect all the GNOME updates that are released in that time and put together a megaupdate in Bodhi for .92. If something urgent comes up during that time (something that warrants a freeze break) then this should go to Bodhi separately, so that we can pull those individual fixes through the Beta freeze as needed. Anything else I think it's best to wait for the .92 megaupdate.

The .92 megaupdate is likely never going to go stable (as we are going to be in freeze at that point) and is likely just going to get replaced by .0 megaupdate a week later.

We also have a f33-gnome side tag in koji now. If you are helping with builds, please use the side tag for any builds that you want to be part of the megaupdates.

Kalev