Re: Support for hibernation 2/2: questions

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 10:51 AM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A better question is why are people disabling secure-boot (outside
of people running there own kernels like me). Some possible answers
outside of out control:

1) VirtualBox hypervisor kernel modules
2) nvidia binary driver

The question is are there other reasons where we could do better so
that people do not feel the need to disable secure boot?

I disable SB so that I can use hibernation. Suspend to RAM is unreliable on my desktop (no idea why, probably misbehaving hardware) and hibernation is my only option to not lose any in-progress work. And it's also faster and more convenient than starting all apps again, placing them into workspaces, loading all pinned browser tabs, etc.