extreme slow down

Hello,

I wanted to share this with you and if you point me in the right
direction under what section
to add something like this in the wiki I will do so!

After running my system a while it continued to slow down and at some point
it was so extreme that a simple copy operation would render the mouse unmovable.
Note that this is an i7, 8G Ram, SSD etc.

Changing to BFQ schedule, tune BFQ parameters, disabling swapping,
compiling the kernel with the Muqss scheduler, nothing did help. It is
not a hardware issue!

It seems by default fstrim is disabled from systemd and by default
nothing formats it with discard option.

Running fstrim / && fstrim /home && systemctl enable fstrim.service
changed the performance a dozen fold.

Regards,
Damian