Re: Fedora Media Writer

OK on Rawhide, it's quite a bit smaller percentage wise, but still in
the 3-5MiB ballpark guesstimate for ISO increase.

Installing:
 mediawriter                                  x86_64
       4.1.4-3.fc31                             rawhide
          2.1 M
Installing dependencies:
 qt5-qtquickcontrols                          x86_64
       5.12.4-2.fc31                            rawhide
          1.0 M

Transaction Summary
==============================================================================================================================================================
Install  2 Packages

Total download size: 3.1 M
Installed size: 11 M

Booting the Live Workstation image for Rawhide, I start out with

$ df -h
/dev/mapper/live-rw  6.4G  5.6G  828M  88% /

After dnf installing mediawriter

$ df -h
/dev/mapper/live-rw  6.4G  5.7G  670M  90% /

Launch mediawriter, click on Fedora Workstation 30, click create live
usb, and yeah it fails with an out of space message. Graceful failure.
(The ext4 file system supports file deletion but the backing
device-mapper based snapshot does not free used extents, and when that
fills up, it blows up - the LiveOS becomes unusuable.)

But I can only delete the ISO so many times before the dm backing
snapshot runs out of space, which isn't actually freed when deleting
files, and eventually it will blow up. And as the application basic
functionality requirement is in the post-install section, in
retrospect it sounds like Fedora Media Writer being effectively
non-functional while LiveOS booted, would not be a release blocking
bug.

Anyway, I'm on the fence. Not much is saved by putting it on the ISO
when it can't practically be used from the ISO.

Chris Murphy