Re: Feedback on the new Anaconda per product configuration

On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 13:44 +0200, Tomas Popela wrote:

> > 2. Have we thought through all cases where the variant now being
> > 'Workstation Live' rather than 'Workstation' might cause problems?
> >

> What do you mean by that? Can you clarify it a little bit?

Well, just look at the anaconda pull request: we change variant_name
from "Workstation" to "Workstation Live" in fedora-silverblue.conf and
the export of `ANACONDA_PRODUCTVARIANT` from "Workstation" to
"Workstation Live" in liveinst.

I am not sure of the consequence of these changes, but experience
teaches me to be nervous any time some kind of significant string just
ups and changes like that :) I don't know if that string winds up
embedded somewhere in installed systems, for instance (and thus other
things might be parsing it), or if other bits of anaconda may care
about the variant name and haven't yet been changed...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey