Re: Disable (or make configurable and default to off) suspend-then-hibernate behavior in GNOME-3.30

On Fri, 2018-10-05 at 08:48 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018, 1:34 PM Carlos Garnacho <carlosg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > FTR we've gone for hiding the option upstream with a compile time
> > switch, defaulting to off. Just released gnome-settings-daemon
> > 3.30.1.2 containing the fix.
> >
> > Hopefully we'll be able to revisit the idea in the future.
>
> Is the configuration exposed anywhere for users to experiment? Either
> tweak tool or gsettings? Changing it in systemd-logind is apparently
> ignored in favor of the gnome preference.

No, the configuration is compile time only. GNOME will only call the
"Suspend" (or "Hibernate") method of systemd-logind, I believe.

The easily available change that users can do is to change the power
button action (hardware button) to "hibernate" rather than suspend.

Benjamin