Re: Disable (or make configurable and default to off) suspend-then-hibernate behavior in GNOME-3.30

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, everything worked for somebody at some point. But the answer can't be to just add another toggle to the control-center so people can experimentally find out if it works for them at this time, choose-your-own-adventure style.

Either we commit to supporting it. Then we need to invest the time to make it actually work. At the minimum, we need to be able to detect reliably when
it will not work, so we can turn it off.

Or we don't. In which case we should just remove it.

This makes sense to me.

It seems like we can't detect reliably when hibernation is not going to work at the kernel level, so that suggests removal to me. Hibernation shouldn't be an adventure to figure out whether it works on particular hardware or not.

Michael